Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Student Teaching

     Well the eight of January was the last time I wrote, but hey I've been just a little busy. January 24, 2011 I started a new adventure. I started student teaching! I have had the pleasure for the past five weeks to teach and care for a group of rambunctious, hormonal seventh graders, but I have learned so much! The obstacles have been great, but I have learned a lot about prayer and patience.
    I had the pleasure of being the youngest child growing up, so I never had the opportunity to watch anyone younger than me go through changes. Well, I know now the patience it takes to understand the students. One can't simply say something once and expect the little ones to get it, so I have learned to talk slowly, and repeat often! I have heard and and learned things I never even knew existed, and I have seen the hurt and neglect that so many of the children suffer. My words aren't eloquent, and I can't offer them much, but hopefully my patience and kindness will give them a little glimmer of hope and love that so many are missing at home.
   Not only have I learned how to eliminate run-ons, but I have also learned about stringy sentences, how to form a paragraph, and what makes up the parts of a persuasive essay, maybe a little to much on that one. Now don't judge my blog for these things, because I only preach them, I don't practice them. :) JK! But seriously. Next week my first placement will end and I will move on to the twelfth grade. It will be interesting to see the differences in socioeconomics, but also in attitude, and maturity. Too bad I am getting my twelfth graders six weeks prior to graduation, that should be fun for both of us!!
   I can't wait to find a job and have my own classroom. I have made resumes and plan to hand more out very soon. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment